New to the lab? Below are links to great resources to help get you started.
An introduction to the Drosophila genetic toolkit:
- Start with a primer on the Drosophila model organism.
- Before starting any work in Drosophila genetics, read the Fly Pushing book. You can find this in the lab conference room.
- The Carolina Drosophila Manual is a good short reference.
- Flybase has a collection of common visible mutation phenotypes.
- Check the fly room wall for these posters.
Statistics and Data Analysis:
- See this publication for a review on the problem with relying too heavily on P-values.
- Do not use Microsoft Excel for statistical analysis or graphics! Use R instead.
- Swirl is a nice platform for learning R.
- Please check the lab conference room for books on statistic methods and graphics in R
Drosophila image in header taken by Mr.Checker.