Congratulations to Dr. Xiaolu Wei for successfully defending her thesis! Dr. Wei gave an awesome talk on meiotic drive and satellite DNA regulation in Drosophila melanogaster. We are so proud of her!
Monthly Archives: September 2022
A couple years of progress and fun: 2021-2022 whirlwind
What a whirlwind the past couple of years has been! Check out what we’ve been up to in 2021 and 2022:
- The lab had a lot of fun at GLAM EvoGen in Buffalo this year.
- Matt Lindsay passed his quals. Congratulations Matt!
- Emiliano Martí joined the lab and will be co-advised by Daven Presgraves.
- In 2022 we’ve been busy with papers on Y chromosomes, drivers, and telomeres, oh my!
- We said goodbye to amazing undergraduates who are moving on to bigger and better things! Congratulations, Tuan, Sherif, Vera, Eddyson, and Chuqin.
- Our NIH MIRA grant was renewed. We are excited to continue our work on satellite DNA functional and evolutionary genomics!
- Xiaolu’s paper on satellite regulation came out in eLife.
- Check out this blog from the NSF on our hackathon: Hacking is a broader impact activity