What a whirlwind the past couple of years has been! Check out what we’ve been up to in 2021 and 2022:
- The lab had a lot of fun at GLAM EvoGen in Buffalo this year.
- Matt Lindsay passed his quals. Congratulations Matt!
- Emiliano Martí joined the lab and will be co-advised by Daven Presgraves.
- In 2022 we’ve been busy with papers on Y chromosomes, drivers, and telomeres, oh my!
- We said goodbye to amazing undergraduates who are moving on to bigger and better things! Congratulations, Tuan, Sherif, Vera, Eddyson, and Chuqin.
- Our NIH MIRA grant was renewed. We are excited to continue our work on satellite DNA functional and evolutionary genomics!
- Xiaolu’s paper on satellite regulation came out in eLife.
- Check out this blog from the NSF on our hackathon: Hacking is a broader impact activity