I did this….
I did this….
What I want:
When a lab member (with the password, which is BSL2019) enters the password-protected part of the blog, I want them to land on a page that has tag and category menus that allow us to navigate our posts. But these links shouldn’t be viewable on the static pages that constitute the outward-facing web presence.
This is where we can post information for our group — things we want to be able to look up. Particularly nice data, examples of calibration measurements, methods of alignment. Also where we can have conversations.
Easy to insert additional blocks, including pictures.
How do we see our posts?
Raman Spectra of 1um beads taken at 20s exposure times. Spectra were taken at different axial positions of trapped bead(s?) and a group of beads that were adhered to the cover slip. These positions ranged from about 5 (microns?) above and below the cover slip (full range is shown for individual beads while select points are shown for the ensemble). The “glass edge” on the right is dominant in all of the adhered ensemble spectra while it disappears as the focus moved farther into the sample for the trapped bead.
Some sources of uncertainty are: 1)finding a place where a bead could be trapped and wouldn’t get knocked out by other beads coming into the trap or leave on its own (I had to start 5 microns above the coverslip to get a stable trap). 2)I used the back reflection of the glass on the microscope’s ccd as a reference point. When I was finishing measurements, I noticed the position of the back reflection was not where I originally set my “0” point (This is not the first time this has been noticed, but I wanted to make a note of it here) 3)I’m pretty sure that 1 increment on the fine tuning knob (which is what I was using to move the objective) corresponds to 1 micron, but I haven’t been able to 100% verify this. 4)Looking at published spectra, the pixel to wavenumber calibration may be slightly off (peaks are shifted to the right a bit). 5)This spectra was taken after looking for and reducing sources of power loss in the Raman path. Part of the process involved adjusting a filter that cleans up the laser light and that may explain the floor around 200 cm^-1
Raman spectra of a plastic block taken at different exposure times ranging from 1 second to 2 minutes (range in images shown is 1 to 30 seconds). Increasing exposure time reduced noise but also increased background. Spectra was collected with the oil objective and the block in direct contact with the objective, so changing depth was not an option. I also looked at how the spectra looked using the full CCD (fvb) and a subset corresponding to an individual fiber from the bundle (mt).
analyzed the results, and it’s not what we expected…
fake comment about a calibration procedure
but this is an additional comment