Student’s Corner

A friend recently told me about Impact Earth, a business that promotes the zero-waste movement by offering a range of services, including selling reusable goods, consulting business, schools, and venues to help them reduce waste, and hosting volunteer events. The coolest thing about this company is that they are based right here in Rochester.

I’ve heard about several companies like this over the years, but rarely do they do so many different things- usually they just sell a few zero-waste items like beeswax wrap and reusable utensils, or they host educational events. This company does it all. I was blown away by their website and the huge array of services they offer. My friend found out about them because there were volunteers from Impact Earth at a concert she went to in Rochester. Volunteers helped the concert goers sort their waste into bins for recycling, trash, and compost. I think this is a great service to offer, because it helps venues manage the waste problem, while also providing community members with the opportunity to volunteer and learn more about the zero-waste movement.

I think it is excellent that a company like this exists in Rochester. I feel like we take living here for granted, and we ignore all the cool things happening both on and off campus. This company sells awesome zero-waste items and is looking for volunteers, so be sure to check them out.

Written by Isabel Lieberman, Class of 2021.

One Reply to “Student’s Corner”

1. Thanks to this website for bringing comprehensive information for the audience and adding new things to the internet. Hope to get more of this line of information in future as well.