Using food that you have in the fridge is an important part of being sustainable. To do so, a simple approach is to enter into a search site a list of your ingredients and the word recipe. Here is what I made for dinner last night using that approach:
Google search: chicken, cucumber, onion recipe. Here was the result from Yummly:
North African Chicken and Couscous
Recipe by: MyRecipes
- 2 cups water
- 11/2 cups couscous (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate (thawed, undiluted)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsps water
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups chicken breasts (chopped ready-to-eat roasted skinned, boned, about 3 breasts)
- 2 cups cucumber (chopped peeled)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (thinly)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro fresh
- sliced green onions (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan, and gradually stir in couscous and raisins. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine orange juice and next 6 ingredients (orange juice through black pepper); stir well with a whisk.
- Combine the couscous mixture, juice mixture, chicken, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Karen A. Levin, Cooking Light MAY 2000