Wednesday, February 14 // noon–1:30 p.m.
Welles Brown Room, Rush Rhees Library
This Valentine’s Day, join us for our quarterly Green Reps event: a Blind Date with a Book! (Check out this blog post to learn more about how the concept works.)
We’ll serve coffee, tea, and vegan hot chocolate in a warm, cozy setting while swapping gently-used books.
For the event, please bring:
- One wrapped book
- Find one you’re willing to part with and recommend sight unseen to someone else.
- Wrap it with construction paper, newspaper, wrapping paper, or something similar.
- Write a brief description or offer tantalizing clues (such as the genre, details that don’t give away the plot, “You might like this if you enjoyed x or y,” etc.). Here are some examples.
- Join us on February 14 and swap it for a new one that catches your eye.
- A mug— Bring your own mug (BYOM) to help minimize waste.
- A friend—The more the merrier! This event is open to anyone with an interested in books or the Green Reps program.
- (Optional) Preschool-level books to donate – The University’s Little Free Libraries are often short on books for preschoolers. If you have any to spare, bring them along and we’ll make sure they get distributed. Or, contact Amy Kadrie if you’d like to donate books at another time.
Click here to download the flyer shown below.