A lot happened this summer, and as the fall semester starts now is a good time to celebrate!
- Congratulations to Matthew, Xiaomi, and María on passing your qualifying exams!
- Several department members presented at Evolution, ABS, and GSA’s Yeast Genetics Meeting and GLAM-EvoGen. Special shout out to Shailee for winning the Allee Award at ABS for her presentation!
- Nilima did an internship at Amyris in California.
- Jeremy submitted his first paper on species distribution models.
- The Fay lab did some intense sample collecting across vineyards and wineries in the finger lakes region to isolate yeasts. Bob Minckley also joined to collect bees.
- The Chen lab traveled together to Archbold Biological station in Florida to meet their collaborators and the Florida Scrub-Jays.
- We had a great time with the summer kickball league, and even won some games!