Moving out? Do you have unwanted stuff in your dorm room that you want to get rid of? Don’t trash it; donate it instead! The University offers two programs to get rid of your items in a responsible way. The best part? By participating you are helping others and the planet too. Last year over 30,000 pounds of goods was collected. Your efforts make a difference!
Click on the headings of both programs below for the flyers. Please help spread the word.
Sponsored by University Facilities and Services
Partners include the UR Food Pantry, Mt. Hope Family Center, Open Door Mission and Goodwill of the Finger Lakes
Held from April 26th through May 17th
Things you can donate:
- Clothing and Shoes
- Look for large blue Goodwill collection boxes located outside of each residential living area.
- Unopened Non-perishable Food
- Collection barrels will be placed in the main entryway of each residence hall. Fraternity Quad residents can bring their goods to Sig Ep.
- Unopened New Toiletries
- Collection boxes will be placed in the main entryway of each residence hall. Fraternity Quad residents can bring their goods to Sig Ep.
- Bring any data storing devices to the UR Tech Store in Rush Rhees. Bring all other electronics to the Sage or Gale loading docks and label “Recycle”.
Questions? Contact Amy Kadrie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dump & Run
Sponsored by Grassroots, an SA funded organization
Bring your items to the designated collection areas on the two collection dates listed below. Acceptable items include rugs, chairs, furniture, shelving, baskets, working electronics, refrigerators, microwaves, school supplies. (No non-approved appliances or items as detailed on the Fire & Life Safety rules checklist will be accepted.)
Dates & Locations:
- Friday, May 5 (1-4pm)
- First-year Hill: at the circle in front
- Res Quad and Frat Quad: Middle of the quad
- Sunday, May 14th (1-4pm)
- Riverview: in parking lot
- Rain locations:
- First-year Hill: Sue B. Friel Lounge
- Res Quad/Frat Quad: Gilbert Community Room
- Riverview: Community Room
Questions? Contact Grassroots email@example.com