Are you a University of Rochester student who is interested in sustainability and making a difference on campus? Facilities Team Green is seeking a sustainability writing intern. Some of the duties include:
- Bewcome knowledgeable about Facilities’ recycling and sustainability programs, as well as sustainability programs at other universities
- Educate students and employees regarding the department’s and University’s commitment to sustainability
- Write Go Green! articles (published bi-weekly in the employee newsletter ‘@Rochester’, t ‘URMC Today’, and other media sources as applicable)
- Conduct research for various Go Green! article topics, schedule interviews with key players, and adhere to a schedule to complete articles in a timely fashion
- Utilize the UR Sustainable social media platforms
- Complete other writing assignments as needed; including blog articles, applications for sustainability related awards, and annual Milestones summary
The ideal candidate will have a background and interest in environmental sustainability. The intern will assist the Sustainability Coordinator and the Director of Support Operations with marketing Facilities’ recycling and sustainability programs and increasing public awareness of these programs.
To apply for this job, please visit the listing on the student employment website.