It’s back to school season, and while school looks a little differently for everyone this year – K-12 and college alike – we encourage families and students to comply with COVID-19 guidelines, stay healthy, and focus on studies. Below are some sustainable considerations to help guide your way back to school:
- Reuse notebooks, folders and other schools supplies from last year.
- Reuse your backpack from last year.
- Use both sides of paper.
- Buy used textbooks or online versions.
- Pack lunch with reusable containers.
- Say no to plastic utensils, straws and condiment packets if you don’t need them.
- Use reusable water bottles.
- Turn off and unplug laptops, printers, chargers and other devices when not in use to conserve energy.
- Take your sustainability club or other club meetings virtual to keep sharing ideas and planning.
- Get crafty and make your own homemade, reusable mask
Courtesy of the NYS DEC