We are sharing the following post from Genesee RiverWatch.
Like most of us during this difficult time, we at Genesee RiverWatch are looking for places to enjoy the outdoors while still social distancing. We have been compiling a list of hikes in the Genesee River area and we’d like to share them with you!
Generally these hikes are less well known and should have very little traffic. However, if you do meet fellow travelers, please maintain a 6-foot distance, perhaps stepping off the trail until they go by.
Most of these routes are described as point-to-point. If you do them this way, you will want to leave a second car at the end point. You could also do them as out-and-back trips with a single car; possibly doing half the route one day and, starting from the other end, doing the other half on a second day.
Nothing says that you must walk. Many people bike these trails and, judging by the hoofprints, some ride horses.
So far, we have descriptions and detailed access information for these hikes:
- Avon area: Genesee Greenway Trail – Route 20 to Lehigh Valley Trail – 6.4 miles
- Seneca Park: Genesee Riverway Trail – Trout Lake to O’Rorke Bridge – 3.3 miles
- Scottsville Area: Lehigh Valley Trail to Scottsville Canawaugus Park or Route 253 – 3.0 or 4.0 miles
- Plex Neighborhood & University of Rochester: Genesee Riverway Trail – Ford Street to UR Pedestrian Bridge to Ford Street – 2.9 miles
- Rochester: Genesee Riverway & Genesee Greenway Trails – Genesee Waterways Center to Paul Road – 2.4 miles
Visit the Genesee RiverWatch website for all the details and check back often for updates!