Environmentally Friendly New Year’s Resolutions
2020 is officially here and while many of us think about what this new decade will bring, let’s not forget about the classic New Year’s resolutions. What comes to mind when you think about resolutions? Do you think about hitting the gym more often or eating healthier? Although these resolutions are valid, it is important to break them down into smaller, achievable goals. In addition to exercise and health, there are ways to implement sustainable practices into your goals too.
Here are a few ideas to add to your resolutions this year that will not only impact the environment, but your lifestyle as well.
- Utilize reusable shopping bags
- Bring a reusable water bottle wherever you go
- Air dry your laundry
- Purchase local foods
- Eat more plants and veggies
- Start a compost pile
- Shop at thrift stores
- Utilize public transportation/carpool
- Educate others on sustainability
- Read environment and climate books
- Read Green Dandelion Posts every week
Written by Emily Su, Class of 2022
Photo Credit: The Mercury News