What’s On My Plate: Nicole

Hi everybody! I’m Nicole. I am a junior at the University of Rochester and this is what I eat in a week as a vegan college student that lives off campus. As you will see, I tend to repeat a lot of my meals throughout the week. This is partly because I am on a budget and buying groceries for one person requires you to eat a lot of the same foods and partly because I am busy and usually meal prep one dish that I eat for lunch and dinner for 2-3 days. Admittedly, this isn’t the most exciting week of meals that I have ever had, but I just went on spring break and am trying to limit the amount of meals that I eat out. I also don’t eat many meals on campus because I am on the commuter meal plan and need to conserve my declining. This week I only took pictures of any full meals that I had, but I always eat snacks in between.

Sunday

On this day, I had

prepped some overnight oats. The night before, I just mixed together some oatmeal, almond milk, peanut butter, flax seeds, chia seeds, and agave. I let it sit in the fridge overnight and it was ready to eat in the morning! So easy and so yummy.

For lunch, I had 2 slices of multigrain toast with spicy chipotle hummus and sliced up an apple to go with it.

For dinner, I made spaghetti squash (a favorite of mine) with tomato sauce, spinach, and Gardein meatless meatballs. This is an example of one of my meal prep meals because a whole spaghetti squash lasts me for a few meals.

Monday

For breakfast, I had a smoothie with bananas, almond milk, strawberries, flax seed, and peanut butter. This is my favorite combination (as you will see).

For lunch, I had a bagel from Connections with the vegan cashew coconut spread along with some vegetable lentil soup. For dinner, I had some more spaghetti squash with meatless meatballs.

Tuesday

On Tuesday, I had some peanut butter toast and an apple for breakfast. Along with some coffee and almond milk.

For lunch, I had another smoothie and a multigrain bagel with avocado and hummus.
For dinner, I made a frozen bean and vegetable burrito from Trader Joe’s. These are so nice on nights when I don’t have time to cook. I just warm it in the oven, and it’s ready to eat!

Wednesday

On Wednesday, I had another smoothie for breakfast and a bagel with avocado and hummus for lunch. For dinner, I made a stir fry with quinoa, tofu, broccoli, and a soy-ginger-garlic sauce.

Thursday

On this day, I made banana oatmeal for breakfast. This had oats, almond milk, a banana, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla.
For lunch, I had another smoothie (I was really on a smoothie kick this week) and 2 pieces of avocado toast.

Then, I had some of my leftover stir fry from the night before for dinner.

Friday

For breakfast, I had more oatmeal and then another burrito from Trader Joe’s for lunch. For dinner, I had take-out from a vegan meal service called Kitchen Verde. This was an eggplant fettuccine with cashew cheese alfredo sauce.

Saturday

On Saturday, I had peanut butter toast and an apple for breakfast again. I finished up my quinoa, tofu, and broccoli stir fry for lunch. For dinner, my friends and I did a potluck breakfast-for-dinner. We had vegan banana chocolate chip pancakes, tofu scramble, air-fried sweet potatoes and tortilla chips and guacamole (a little out of place, but still delicious). I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of this one, so this is a screenshot of my friend’s Instagram story (thank goodness for social media!)

I hope you enjoyed my what I eat in a week! Thanks for reading. 🙂

Go green with Dining Team Green! Want more information on sustainability in dining? Follow us on ​Facebook​, ​Instagram​, and​Twitter​ ​@ursustainibble. Contact us at urdiningteamgreen@gmail.com​. We’d love to hear from you!

Guest Post Written by Nicole Franki, Class of 2020, Dining Team Green Sustainability Intern

One Reply to “What’s On My Plate: Nicole”