Student’s Corner

As all summer students know, none of the dining halls are open for the first summer session, and other dining locations like The Pit or Hillside market offer reduced service. Forget the simple swipes that magically give access to an unlimited amount of food. Eating consistently can be a  bit challenging during this period, however, I consider this fact as an exciting opportunity to acquire one more valuable skill: cooking.

While looking for resources on cooking skills, I came across tons of videos and blogs on cheap and healthy recipes. That’s very interesting because I previously thought that I could either consume low-cost meals at fast food restaurants or more expensive ones一and expectantly healthier一at slow food restaurants. After some quick Google and Youtube search, my myths totally vanished.

If you are living on campus this summer and feel starving sometimes, take a look at my favorite Youtube contents on affordable and healthy recipes:

Obviously, those links do not constitute an exhaustive list. Feel free to hit the New Tab button and make your own research on cheap, easy and healthy recipes!

Written by Kelly Jean, Class of 2021

Photo by Brooke Lark on Unsplash