It is a bit surreal to be writing this, my last blog post for The Green Dandelion. I started my job as Recycling Assistant almost 3 years ago, and I have learned so much in that time. There have been 3 different Facilities Team Greens during my time here, and it was a pleasure to work with all of the student members, and explore various initiatives as a team. We hosted events, participated in many fun activities, and worked to develop the Facilities Team Green that you see today. My four years at the University of Rochester have been so fantastic, and being part of Team Green has been a significant part of that college experience.

Working for Facilities gave me the chance to get actively involved on campus, and I’m so very grateful for the opportunity. I enjoyed the sustainability community so much that I also got involved in student government as the sustainability coordinator, mainly because I wanted to engage in dialogue with all of the other sustainability groups. We have so many passionate, unique students here, and I valued getting to work and learn with them.

blog pic 2

Over these 3 years I have learned a lot about sustainability, technology, leadership, recycling, and how to drive a GEM car.  I would like to give a huge thank you to Amy for being a wonderful boss and mentor. Meetings have always been enjoyable, and your work ethic and dedication to sustainability have been inspirational to me.

This campus is always improving (Meliora!). From this role I have gotten to see the wonderful sustainability progress that has occurred over the years, and even better, I have gotten to be a part of some of the changes. I am proud of where we are as as a campus, and excited to see what the future holds for the U of R.

I will miss working for Facilities, but I will take all of the lessons I’ve learned here with me as I move on. Thank you all for reading and for being a great community to write for and be a part of.

Written by Leslie Wolf, Class of 2015

One Reply to “Student’s Corner”

1. Leslie, you have been such a great asset to the team. Thanks for sharing three wonderful years with us! We will miss you and wish you all of the very best!!!