– Unplug kitchen appliances and other electronics when not in use – they still use energy, even when not turned on! Depending on the appliance, the range of standby electricity used is anywhere from 1 watt to 50 watts.
– Place a tray or container in a common printing location for scrap paper that can be reused.
– Email rather than print as much as possible.
– Bring a reusable water bottle or mug to work instead of using disposable cups every day. Better yet, surprise your coworkers with mugs as well!
– Bring dishes and silverware from home with your lunch instead of using disposable ones.
– Avoid using Styrofoam cups and/or dishes for meetings and in the kitchen, as they can’t be recycled.
– Try walking or biking to lunch instead of driving if possible, or try organizing a carpool amongst coworkers!
– Make sure there are recycling containers in common spaces.