Sustainability Tip of the Week #STOTW
During the warm months of the year, the City of Rochester hosts many great outdoor festivals. From music, to art, to food and drinks, there is something for everyone. Here are just a few festivals to check out this spring and summer.
- When: May 11, 2017 – May 20, 2018, 10:30am-8:30pm Daily
- Where: Highland Park
- About: The largest 10-day free festival of its kind in North America the Rochester Lilac Festival welcomes more than 500,000 attendees annually. Visitors come to Rochester’s Highland Park to experience the incredible beauty and intense fragrance of more than 500 varieties of lilacs on 1,200 plants. Alongside the largest lilac collection in North America, visitors can enjoy entertainment, a wide variety of foods, and shopping. Special events inside the festival include the televised Lilac Parade, Garden Battles, Seniors Day, Lilac 10K and 5K races and new this year: the Lilac Craft Beverage Expo. The Craft Beverage Expo is a three-day tasting event and celebration of New York State beer, wine, cider and spirits.
- When: June 22-30
- Where: Around the Eastman Theater
- The Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival is one of the largest and most exciting attractions of the summer. To ensure that everyone from all walks of life were able to enjoy it, the City of Rochester had once again focused its support for the Jazz festival on bringing three free stages to Rochester’s East End along with plenty of talent. Gibbs Street and part of Main Street will again be closed to vehicle traffic and transformed into “Jazz Street,” complete with a free stage and a two-story vending tent.
- When: July 14 and 15
- Where: Corn Hill
- The Corn Hill Arts Festival will feature 375 original, juried artists from across the US and Canada exhibiting an array of beautifully handcrafted art and crafts. As you stroll along the tree lined streets, you can enjoy musical performances from any of our four stages, relax and enjoy beers and wines from the Finger Lakes region, taste delicious international foods, and view our classic car show. Kids and adults alike will delight in the 5th Annual Fairy Houses Tour, a display of over 65 whimsical houses.
Written by Alyssa Lemire, Class of 2017