Student’s Corner

As a recent graduate of the University of Rochester, I have been getting quite sentimental these past few weeks. Although my time with Facilities Team Green has come to an end, I wanted to look back on a few of my favorite articles I wrote for Student’s Corner:

As I prepared for my time abroad in Copenhagen last Spring, I made a list of sustainable traveling tips. Since I will be moving to London in the Fall, I feel like these tips remain important and helpful for me personally!

I really enjoyed visiting the High Acres Landfill in Pittsford as a part of my job on Facilities Team Green. It was pretty cool to see the real world impact of recycling and composting. Plus, I’ve never been so close to a falcon in my life!

Lastly, I turn to my first article as a Sustainability Assistant on September 9th, 2016. I wrote about the ongoing battle of the Dakota Pipeline. The concerns brought up in my article still ring true today, as we head into an continued era of uncertainty for sustainability efforts.

Thank you to Facilities Team Green, and especially Amy Kadrie, for making my time at Rochester fulfilling and sustainability oriented. It’s been a wonderful four years, but I’m not going to lie, I’m excited to be a continent away from the Lake Effect!

Written by Emma Briggs, Class of 2018

Photo Source: Wikipedia Commons

One Reply to “Student’s Corner”

1. Emma thanks so much for your work with the team. I enjoyed working with you so much and enjoyed reminiscing through your favorite articles. Best wishes!!