Sustainability Tip of the Week #STOTW
What is a Zero Waste Lunch? Simply put, it’s a lunch that generates no (or very little) trash.
In a zero waste lunch everything can be eaten or reused. Here are some tips to help get you started:
- Use a Bento or similar lunch box or reusable insulated bag instead of a brown paper bag, to hold your lunch every day. A reusable ice pack can be used to keep perishable food items cold. Many Bento lunch boxes come with utensils.
- Use reusable containers that can be washed and used over and over instead of using disposable plastic sandwich bags for sandwiches and snacks.
- Use metal silverware or wash plastic utensils and reuse them.
- Use a thermos or reusable jug instead of a bottle of soda or a juice box. Trending now – Hydroflask or Yeti
- Buy in bulk and pack individual servings in reusable containers.
- Use cloth napkins that can be washed and reused instead of using paper napkins or paper towels.
- Compost the remainder such as the skin of an orange.
Photo thanks to Wikipedia