With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I thought I would share some green gift ideas with you guys whether its for your significant other, family, or a friend.
- If you’re artistic, why not make something special for your someone special? Painting, drawing, crafting, or even making a card by hand is not only more personal, it saves money, and is more sustainable.
- Bake something! Everyone loves delicious homemade baked goods. Baking is fun and relaxing, and you can even save some for yourself.
- Buy some sustainable chocolate. Buying organic or local is not only better for the environment, but it will probably taste better as well.
- Give the gift of a plant! My mom got be a succulent garden (hi mom!!!) for my birthday and I love it. It is the perfect decoration for my room and it requires very little attention.
- Try giving an organic candle. Candles are not only romantic, but they smell amazing too. Alternative candles are available made from things like beeswax and soy.
- Pick out an all-natural perfume or cologne. Natural oils make great scents and are much safer than traditional perfumes which can be full of alcohol and other chemicals.
- Don’t give a gift at all! Instead, try a new restaurant, go to the spa, or just set aside some time to spend together.
Written by Alyssa Lemire, Class of 2017
Photo source: www.pexels.com