12 Electric and Hybrid Cars You will want to own

Most people know that driving a car everyday isn’t very sustainable but it is also one of the hardest lifestyle changes to make. If you live far away from work and carpooling and public transportation aren’t an option, what are you to do?

Each year, the number of electric and hybrid cars on the market increases. These cars are a great option if you still want the luxury of being able to drive everywhere and not feel as guilty about it. An electric car never uses gasoline. It is run purely on electricity and drives with zero emissions. A hybrid on the other hand runs on electricity just like an electric car, but when the battery runs out, it switches to gasoline and runs as a normal car does. People who have to drive long distances might prefer hybrid, since an electric car can only travel about 250 miles before it needs to be charged again.

While hybrids and electric cars used to be very expensive for the average driver, they have become a lot more affordable and user friendly. Here are a list of some of the best environmentally friendly cars on the market.

Electric Vehicles

Chevrolet Spark EV #chevyspark

Price: $25,995-$26,385

EPA: 128 city/109 highway

Volkswagen e-Golf

Price: $29,815-$36,415

EPA: 126 city/105 highway

Fiat 500E

Price: $32,795

EPA: 122 city/108 highway

Ford Focus Electric

Price: $30,045

EPA: 110 city/99 highway

Tesla Model 3 #Tesla

Price: $35,000

EPA: TBD

Toyota Mirai

Price: $58,335

EPA: 67 city/67 highway

Hybrids

Chevrolet Volt

Price: $33,995-$38,345

EPA: 53 city/45 highway

Audi A3 Sportback e-tron

Price: $38,825

EPA: 86 city/86 highway

Ford C-Max

Price: $25,045-$32,645

EPA: 42 city/37 highway

Honda CR-Z

Price: $21,130-$25,925

EPA: 31 city/38 highway

Lexus CT

Price: $32,200

EPA: 43 city/40 highway

Toyota Prius

Price: $25,035-$30,835

EPA: 54 city/50 highway

Car information sourced from: http://www.caranddriver.com/best-hybrid-electric-cars

Picture source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Spark  Chevrolet Beat concept

Written by Alyssa Lemire, Class of 2017

5 Replies to “12 Electric and Hybrid Cars You will want to own”

1. If I didn’t go full electric 4 years ago I would for sure go for one of the Hyundai/Kia twins.
    I doubt ill ever go back to combustion engines but it’s nice to know you can get a cool car with great MPGs that doesn’t look like a Prius.

2. I am a big fan of electric cars and one day I’ll get it for sure. But I don’t have much information about them. Can you please let me know how long these cars take for recharging? AND whats their range?

I am in love with Audi A3 Sportback e-tron. The sound system is awesome with a double din head unit that looks so amazing. Thanks for this post.

3. Very important information. I really like the electric car and I really want this. Your information help me to choose the best electric car for my budget.

Thank you. Please keep sharing.