Student’s Corner

Happy Friday, and Merry Christmas! It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and will that wonder comes presents…and with those presents comes lots of wrapping paper. I’ve always been bothered by all of the wrapping paper that gets thrown out on Christmas; my family usually has to grab a big trash bag just to fill up with wrapping paper. So this year, I’ve decided to combine my love of crafting with my distaste for thrown-out wrapping paper. Here are three crafting ideas I’m going to try this holiday season.

1. Tiny Envelopes

tiny envelopes

These tiny envelopes are adorable, and would be perfect for putting gift cards in. The process could be easily modified to make an envelope of any size, and would add a personal touch to any Holiday or birthday cards you may send.

2. Streamers

mld103915_0109_streamers_vert

I’m always looking for ways to brighten up my dorm room (and make it look less like a prison cell). These easy to make streamers, and depending on the wrapping paper you have available, they could be customized to match whatever decor you already have in your room

3. Photo Frames

onelmon_wrappingpaperframe-06

If your family is anything like mine, by the time the holiday season is over you’ll have been forced to take dozens (if not hundreds) of photos. These frames would be  an adorable holiday-themed way to display your holiday pictures.

So this year, before you toss all of that wrapping paper out, consider some of these ideas, or come up with your own!

Written by Ciara McGillivray, class of 2018