Meet Ainslee!

Hello followers! Allow me to introduce myself as the newest addition to the UR Sustainability Green Team. I’m Ainslee, a recent UR graduate with a B.S. in Environmental Science, and KEY (Kauffman Entrepreneurial Year) scholar. I’m excited to be able to pursue my interest in sustainable living for the next year: this summer I’ll be working closely with University Facilities and Waste Management to create a plan for the University’s transition to single stream recycling on the River Campus. In addition, next fall and spring semesters I will be collaborating with local food trucks owners and farmers to work towards bringing more local food options to campus as part of my KEY project. Last semester, I studied abroad in Freiburg, Germany, one of the greenest cities in the world, and learMy favorite street in Freiburgned a tremendous amount about sustainable lifestyles and practices that can be easily implemented into everyday life- biking, using public transportation, recycling efficiently, hanging clothes to dry, buying locally-provided foods and cooking a large meal with friends, shopping at weekly flea markets, and reusing items in an innovative way! Through both of these projects, I hope to establish a sustainable living environment  similar to the one I learned and practiced in Freiburg, learn even more about recycling efficiently, and support our local farmers to create a sustainable food market! I plan on extending these practices to campus and making them a part of the University’s daily routine to establish an even greener community.

In my spare time, I enjoy traveling, running, dancing to live music, exploring local craft beers, cooking with friends, hiking and exploring the great outdoors.

Check up on the blog for  updates on all things related to sustainability all summer long!