Have you ever opened a product and wondered why there is such significant waste in the packaging? Your purchasing decisions can impact the way companies package food. Make the right choices:
- By meat, fish, cheese from the deli counter rather than prepackaged.
- Avoid those ready meals and foods that are excessively packaged.
- Buy loose fruit and vegetables or purchase your fruits and vegetables from your local farm market.
- Purchase foods in larger quantities and separate when you get home into smaller reusable containers.
- Remember to bring your reusable bags with you when you go to the grocery store.