Hartnett Gallery 2020 Call for Artwork
The Hartnett Gallery at the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY, is now accepting proposals from individual artists and groups (in the US) interested in exhibiting their work during the 2020-2021 academic year. Submissions from University of Rochester alumnae artists and artists based in the Rochester area are also welcomed. Each year, a panel of undergraduate students and graduate students, assisted by the Hartnett Gallery Advisory Board select three solo exhibitions (one by alumni and two by US based artists) to be held during the academic year.
solo exhibitions 2020-2021
- 3-4 week solo exhibition at Hartnett Gallery during the 2020-2021 academic year
- $800 honorarium
- travel for the artist, including round trip transportation and accommodation for the artist talk
- shipping budget up to $600 one way
- assistance during installation
- opening reception
- press material and PR support
Established in 1972, this unique triangular gallery is located in one of the main buildings of the university, Wilson Commons, which was designed by the renowned architect I.M. Pei. The gallery has a rich exhibition history that includes both artists at the initial stages of their careers and artists who are internationally known. For images and floorplan see our website.
April 6th, 2020 at 23:59 pm. Deadline extended until April 13th, 2020 at 23:59 pm.
Proposals should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Artist’s Statement
- Project Description, specifying spatial and technical needs
- 8-10 representative Digital Images
- Checklist of the artworks included (title, date, dimensions, medium).
Please submit proposals through our online form.
Decisions will be communicated by April 30.
For questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org