To know where to go, you must know where you’re coming from. If last year is any indication of the strength, hope, resilience and enthusiasm that lies in the hearts and minds of this hospital and the wonderful community that supports it, we have much to be excited for in the coming years.
As we set our course for 2012, we thought we’d stop and reflect on all the amazing news that came out of last year. Here are our top five stories of 2011:
- See News 10 NBC’s coverage of the news of Tom Golisano’s $20 million pledge to Golisano Children’s Hospital.
- Watch YNN’s coverage of Golisano Children’s Hospital’s announcement of a $100 million capital campaign, at the annual Gala.
- Jennifer Johnson shared her harrowing and heartwarming experience in the NICU with 13WHAM.
- We celebrated our five amazing 2011 Miracle Kids, including the remarkable Ryan Sheehan, who was born with extraordinarily rare heart complications. Ryan is now in college and doing great. Read his story here.
- ABC News worked with Golisano Children’s Hospital’s Division of Pediatric Orthopaedics and public relations team to share this amazing story following Maddox Duran, a baby born with clubbed feet, through his course of treatment. Watch the story here.
These are just a few of the incredible stories that come out of Golisano Children’s Hospital every day. We invite you to share your story, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For more heartfelt stories, visit www.givetokids.urmc.edu. We look forward to sharing even more of these inspiring stories in the new year.
What was your favorite story from last year?