The Tim Milgate Charity Golf Tournament will hold its 12th and final tournament Monday, Aug. 1, at the Deerfield Country Club in Brockport. Over the years, more than $250,000 has been raised for local charities with over $225,000 directly designated to Golisano Children’s Hospital at the University of Rochester Medical Center.
In addition to raising funds for Golisano Children’s Hospital, the event also helps an “inspiration child.” Each year, a child who has been treated by Golisano Children’s Hospital’s services is chosen. In the past, families have been given ramps, educational funds and renovations to make a family van wheelchair accessible. This year’s inspiration child is Giana Bisnett, a beautiful 3-year-old girl with spina bifida. Her family has requested help getting a wheelchair-accessible van. Click here for more on the Tim Milgate Golf Tournament.
Please enjoy the very moving video included above, which highlights Giana’s story. Below, we’ve included an Emmy-winning story about Giana from YNN Rochester, along with other stories, videos and information about the programs that have helped little Giana.
- Watch YNN Rochester’s Best Of: Giana Bisnett, which aired January 1, 2011 and was created by Seth Voorhees and Todd Krupa.
- Read “There’s just something about beautiful baby Giana,” published in Messenger Post News in June 2009 and written by Allison Cooper.
- Read about our nationally ranked programs in neonatal care and Pediatric Orthopaedics, both of which treated Giana.
- Watch a video with James Sanders, M.D., chief of Pediatric Orthopaedics at Golisano Children’s Hospital and Giana’s surgeon, and a grateful mom, Marlene LaDuke.
- Learn about the services we provide in Pediatric Orthopaedics, Pediatric Surgery and in Neonatology.